At West Herr Automotive Group, Inc. and its affiliated dealerships (West Herr), we are committed to respecting the privacy rights of our customers and all visitors to our website. Below are questions and answers regarding the policies and procedures we have for collecting and safeguarding information that you may provide to us.
Our dealership respects the privacy of individuals who visit our websites, send us e-mail, or participate in features/services we offer online. Accordingly, our policy regarding online privacy has been developed using the following guiding principles:
• Our dealership maintains a strict "no-spam" policy. Subscribers to our e-mail services (or any other feature/service found on our web site) will not receive unsolicited e-mail messages from us.
• Our dealership collects information online primarily to provide our visitors with a more relevant experience on our sites.
• Our dealership will take reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure any information you provide to us (e.g., data will be stored in protected databases on secured servers with restricted access).
• Our dealership will not share any information you've provided to us with anyone without your consent other than to provide the service you've requested. At the time you register for any such service, you will be notified of, and asked to consent to, the sharing of your information with any particular third party necessary to the provision of the requested service.
What information do we collect?
1. Non-Personally Identifiable Data. Anytime you visit our website, we may gather certain non-personally identifiable information regarding the means you use to access our site. This information may include the type and version of your browser, your service provider, your IP address and any search engine you may have used to locate the site. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the website, and compile broad statistical data. In addition, we gather certain navigational information about where you go on our websites. This information enables us to determine which areas of the websites are most frequently visited and helps us to tailor the sites to the needs and interests of our online visitors.
We collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
Information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others and
Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency.
Does West Herr share any information that we collect with other parties?
1. Outside Third Parties. At West Herr, we consider the information you choose to share with us personal and confidential. Except as described below, we will not rent or sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party without your permission.
Business Partners. Our dealership may partner with select retailers and other companies at various times to provide expanded services to our site visitors. As part of such a relationship, we may share with these companies the use of certain interactive website functions. Information provided by site visitors through the use of such interactive functions may be available to both our dealership and our partners.
Agents. We may provide your information to third party service providers (subject to confidentiality agreements) that perform services on our behalf or to vehicle manufacturers or their respective captive finance companies. Examples include administering e-mail services and running special promotions. Such parties only have access to the personal information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose. Subscribers or site visitors will never receive unsolicited e-mail messages from agents working on our behalf.
Business Transfers. If our dealership sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of our dealership are acquired, consumer information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
2. Affiliates. Our affiliates are other companies in the West Herr corporate family. In addition to using affiliates to perform services, we may share your information among our affiliates.
3. Compliance with Law/Safety. Our dealership may disclose specific personal information based on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of our websites, the sites themselves, or the public.
Except as set forth above, we do not disclose, nor do we reserve the right to disclose, any non-public personal information about our consumers, customers or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law. Within West Herr, we restrict access to non-public personal information about you to "those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you." We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your non-public personal information.
Does West Herr provide a way to update, remove or restrict use of personal information?
A customer wishing to change, update, remove or restrict use of personal information may advise us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org; or by writing to the address below and you may also at any time opt out from receiving any future communications from West Herr by contacting us at:
West Herr Automotive Group, Inc.
ATTN: Privacy Manager
3552 Southwestern Boulevard
Orchard Park, New York 14127
Accessing Our Websites from Outside of the United States
If you are visiting our website from a location outside of the U.S., your connection will be through and to servers located in the U.S. Any information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our web server and other internal systems located within the U.S.
The personal data record created through your registration with our website can only be accessed with the unique password associated with that record. To protect the integrity of the information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties.
Our websites may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users at various times. Please remember that, unless otherwise stated, any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information in these areas.
Browser-Based Do Not Track
Some browsers incorporate a "Do Not Track" (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to a DNT signal, we do not currently respond to DNT signals on this website or on websites where we provide advertisements, content, or other services.